LiDAR systems measure distances by stopping the time a laser pulse needs to travel from the sensor to an object and back. By conducting more than 1 Million distance measurements per second, a 3D point cloud of the surroundings of the sensor can be created in real time.
At the heart of the sensor lies the optical system containing an ultra-fast pulsed laser diode, collimating optics and a single photon detector.
If you are interested in Optics and want to learn about cutting edge LiDAR technology then get in touch with us – we always have interesting topics to work on!
Unfortunately, we cannot offer compensation for work on these thesis.
- Get acquainted with the working principle of our lidar optics
- Help us to model and improve our optical system
- See your work included in a working prototype and validate the results of your work
- You are pursuing a Bachelor or Master degree in a technical field such as Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optics or similar
- You have basic knowledge in either Optics, Electronics or Semiconductor Physics
- You have basic programming skills in either Python, Matlab or C++
- You are creative and have an analytical mind
- Be part of a great team that lives and breathes technology
- Work in a dynamic environment with quick development cycles and flat hierarchies
- Benefit from the option to work in a hybrid model (remote/onsite)
- Have fun with colleagues at our regular team events
- Enjoy excellent coffee and subsidy for our lunch delivery service
- We are one team – everybody pitches in
- “Can do” attitude
- Courage to act and to make decisions
- Things can go wrong, that’s ok
- Friendly and constructive behavior
- We stick together and can rely on each other
We are looking forward to your application, including your CV, certificates/diplomas and a short cover letter.
Contact person: Katja Lohmann & Huong Vu ⟋ firstname.lastname@example.org