Although extremely compact in design, our LiDAR sensors consist of a large number of very different and complex components. In order to create our final product with consistently high quality, a number of tests and measurements are required. The necessary software is developed in-house at Blickfeld. It is precisely tailored to the needs of our hardware and optics developers and at the same time suitable for the production of high volumes. As Software Developer (m/f/d) for Test and Production Software you will profitably contribute your experience exactly at these interfaces: You understand the technology, so you can quickly define essential requirements and at the same time you consider the interests of our production and quality management.
You create sensible work packages, discuss the architecture and database models in the team. After the successful implementation, you will accompany the commissioning of your new software component.
You are responsible for a part of our software landscape and as a “systems thinker” you ensure that our central database functions smoothly and meets future requirements. You are interested in a challenging mix of device control, measurement technology, modern software development and backend development: Then you will definitely not get bored at Blickfeld!
- In interdisciplinary exchange with colleagues and Blickfeld partners, you define and plan software for our test and production environment
- You take responsibility for a part of our software tools and coordinate new developments with the team and other colleagues
- You define and extend interfaces and plugin-based frameworks that are used by several Blickfeld teams
- You are pragmatic and solve problems with the Blickfeld-typical “can-do” attitude; at the same time you are creative and contribute with your visions to the LiDAR product of tomorrow
- You have a degree in computer science, electrical engineering or comparable
- You have at least 2 years of full-time experience in the development of user software
- You are familiar with Python and already have experience in object-oriented software development
- As a team player with strong communication skills, you analyze requirements in a goal-oriented and customer-focused manner
- You are familiar with Windows, Git, modern GUI development and ideally have experience with database backends and API design
- Ideally you have knowledge in one or more of the following areas: PySide (or Qt), OpenCV, Django, Django REST API, CI/CD
- You like to instruct new (software) colleagues in the use of our interfaces and frameworks
- You have good communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- Enjoy free beverages and lunch allowance
- Work in a dynamic environment with quick development cycles and flat hierarchies
- Develop ideas and realize them
- Be part of a great team, that lives and breathes technology
- Make the future of mobility a reality today
- We are one team – everybody pitches in
- “Can do” attitude
- Courage to act and to make decisions
- Things can go wrong, that’s ok
- Friendly and constructive behavior
- We stick together and can rely on each other
We are looking forward to your application with your CV, a short letter of motivation and your references!
Your contact person: Christian Wawra